Monday, July 20, 2009

I Have a New Idol

I am in love. His name is Tim Walker; he's a famous fashion photographer (and completely, unequivocally gay). I guess I'm just been living under a rock. Whatever. I swear to God/Sacha Baron Cohen/Allah as I was looking through his portfolio I thought to myself I bet he did those Juicy Couture ads that were everywhere a few years ago and lo and behold he did. 


I'm in sensory overload. It's like a fairy tale/storybook/childhood romance with grown up models. They can pretty much all be described by one adjective: whimsical. What's interested that what came to mind immediately after seeing his pictures were the floor sets they make in Anthropologie. There is one display in particular that I will never forget. They had constructed a old wire metal bed but had extended the legs about four feet so that the mattress hovered in the air. Essentially, it was the perfect size for a small child. Underneath the bed was a little forrest, with magical trinkets and miscellaneous delightful objects. I will try hard to find a picture of it, but regardless this man's work reminds me endlessly of that display. Here are some of his photographs. Enjoy







www.timwalkerphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment